So, it took a little longer than 2 more weeks, but it is finally here!
The definitives were a bit of a pain. I may need to go back and change the date on some of them.
Here’s a pic of one of the pages:
You can download the files from here: https://github.com/apastuszak/tryzub-ukrainian-stamp-album/archive/v1.0.zip
I did something a little different this time and stored the files on Github, because I am a geek.
Another 2 weeks and the 2015 Ukrainian supplement will be done. Been a busy first quarter.
2016 is here and it’s time to start work on the Tryzub Ukrainian Stamp Album 2016 supplement! I have every stamp Ukriane issued through the beginnig of December and am about to place an order for the rest of December. Hopefully, I’ll have something for everyone by the end of the month.
And, yes, I am still working on updating the older pages to include MICHEL numbers. Sadly, my time is scarce these days, so I don’t get as much done as I would like.
I’m hoping 2016 will allow me to work on this and more Ireland and US pages.
Hope every had a good holiday!
The Vienna Issue is an interesting issue in Ukrainian history. Printed in the second half of 1920 to replace all postage in Ukraine, the stamps never saw public circulation because Bolshevik Army defeated the Ukrainian National Republic forces before they could be distributed. There are 14 stamps in total, taking up 2 album pages.
Here’s a sample page for you to stare at:
The 7-zip file with everything you need can be downloaded here.
And here’s the page with the stamps mounted:
Under the logic of “If you got them, mount them!”, I created a page for the 1918 Ukrainian stamps that ARE NOT overprints. I found a glassine envelope in a drawer with the 5 stamps in it and decided to make a page.
Here is screenshot of the page:
The 7-zip file with the PDFs (US Letter and A4) and the Scribus files can be downloaded by clicking here.
Spent the weekend redoing the Tryzub Ukrainian Stamp Album 2006 supplement. The following changes have been added to the supplement:
- MICHEL Catalog numbers and dates of issue have been added for all stamps
- Added an extra option to mount the Europa booklet opened on it’s own page. Pick which one you would prefer to mount out your booklet.
- The Mickiewicz Square stamp is now just a stamp instead of a whole sheet. I thought it was silly to mount the whole sheet. If anyone wants the whole sheet back, let me know.
- Added MICHEL BLOCK 57 – Ukrainian Cossack State, because I completely forgot them.
You can download the file by clicking here.
The 2012 Supplement update with dates and catalog numbers has been sitting around and waiting for me to finish it for a long time. Well, with the holiday weekend in the US, I took an hour out this morning and finally finished it.
The supplement is the same as the old 2012 supplement, except it now includes MICHEL catalog numbers and release dates.
Here’s a sample page of the definitives:
And here’s the massive 7-zip archive that contains PDFs, Scribus files, and images.
All the A4 headers were off! Updated files here:Ukraine-2014
Sorry about that!
I finally managed to complete the 2014 stamp supplement!
A couple of notes about the 2014 Supplement:
- The 2014 Europa booklet is a mess. The only way to really mount it is to tear out the two pages and mount them. There is an explanation in the PDF
- This supplement includes PDFs with stamp images, “inksaver” PDFs without stamp images, and “inksaver” pdfs with no MICHEL catalog numbers.
- There were quite a number of microprint varieties of the 8th definitive series. A lot of them have not been assigned MICHEL catalog numbers. I spent some time and figured out what the catalog numbers are going to be, based on MICHEL’s numbering policy.
- Special thanks to UPNS member Mark Stelmacovich for providing me scans of the 8th definitive series, so I could see the release date in the selvage.
- Ukraine released a self-adhesive definitive this year. It was sold in a sheet that looks like it was designed for vending machines. My plan is to mount the stamp individually, and I designed the sheets that way. If you want to mount the whole sheet, please leave a comment or email me and I’ll whip up a page for the whole booklet.
And here’s a screenshot of a random page:
And the 7-zip for download: Ukraine-2014