I made one small change to the supplement. The 2017 Europa booklet stamp boxes were too small vertically. The stamps require a 52mm mount. I just overwrote the original file, so the old download link will still work for everyone.
I have a comment from a few months ago asking me to post the Scribus template for my binder edge labels. So, I dropped it on my Google Drive.
Go get it here.
This supplement presented quite a few challenges and my time was limited. Here are some quick highlights:
- There were 2 imperforate stamps issued by UKRPOSHTA: The 8th Definitive Series Miniature Sheet and the Christmas Stamp. The imperfs are on their own sheet, so you can simply remove them if you choose not to collect them.
- The 9th Definitive Series made it debut in 2017, with 3 different microprint varieties.
- The Europa booklet was a pain. I give you 3 different ways to mount it. You decide.
Here’s a picture of the first page to whet the appetite:
My fellow UPNS member Stepan Moskal is keeping me on my toes. It seems the second “Self-Stamp” issued by UKRPOSHTA is brown on color. And the description says it’s blue in color.
Here is the offending page:
I’ve removed the files from Github and placed them on my Google Drive share where all the other supplements are moving slowly.
NOTE: These files were created in Scribus 1.5.4. You will need to download the dev version of you want to edit the original files.
No, I have abandoned the site. Just been busy. Still working on the 2017 supplement. With Father’s Day here, I plan to steal an hour or two and get further into making the supplement.
Time to put in mounts and measure. Hope pages will be coming soon!
- Added MICHEL Catalog number
- Added date of release
- Added 3 Definitive stamps that were missed in the last release
- Moved things into Michel catalog number order, as best I could
- Fixed some minor typos I didn’t catch the last time around
- Improved descriptions on definitive stamps
Here is a screenshot of one of the pages:
The 7-zzip file with everything you need can be found on my Google Drive.
So, what’s different?
The last page. I have 5 stamps with a different microprint, but there were only 4:
Files can be downloaded from my Google Drive:
I decided to try and use Github to post my stamp pages and to allow Github’s version control to let me roll back and roll forward changes to my pages.
Well, what’s good for the developer is not so good for the Scribus user. Using Github, though geeky cool is a tad too much work.
Going forward it’s all going to be on a shared folder on Google Drive.
The colors of Ukraine are blue and yellow, as can be seen in their flag.
I’m a big fan of differentiating countries in binders based on color. My Ukrainian stamps are in yellow binders. Ireland is in green and The US is in blue.
I’m using the Staples Better Binder for my Ukraine collection, and I love the way you label the spine. Here’s what I did for Ukraine:
I like the way it looks. If anyone wants the Scribus and PDF file for the binder spine, let me know.