The 2020 Ukrainian stamps are here, and they’re all in mounts. There were miniature sheets I did not have mounts for. This would normally cause a week delay, since I would need to order mounts from globalstamps.com.
Conveniently, I have a stamp and coin collecting store that’s a 5 minute drive from my house AND my son works there. So, I placed an order and asked my son to bring them home. The owner texts me and tells me he’s out of all the sizes I need. But I am welcome to come in and look through his “loose mounts.”
I drive over. He hands me a box and 30 minuter later I find almost perfect fits, and paid the man $3.00 for the 4 mounts that I bought and went home.
Challenge 1 overcome.
Challenge 2 is upon me now. Most of the sites I use to get stamp images are really behind on their Ukrainian stamps. So, I’m going to need to scan the stamps myself. I’ll try to see what I can get done tonight. I was debating going without images completely, but I think that might be an utter failure, since the stamps are in Cyrillic and my pages are not.
The stamps are in mounts, and I can measure them now. That’s progress. As long as the “honey do” list is short this evening, I’ll be scanning stamps.